Friday, December 20, 2013

Feeling home for Christmas

When I was growing up, we would always go to my Grandparents house the day after Christmas to celebrate with them and extended family.  Those day after Christmas celebrations are some of my very favorite Christmas memories.  My sweet Grandma would always make the most delicious little cookies.  Raspberry thumbprint.  Yum.  They are to this day my favorite Christmas cookie.  I have tried to duplicate them, even with her own recipe and they never seem to turn out the same.  It's been a long time since I was home for Christmas and since I was able to taste those little bits of Heaven made by her own hands.  Today, I received a package in the mail and yes, it was filled with them! My jaw dropped when I opened the box, my whole day was made better.  I felt like I was home for Christmas, a feeling I long for being so far away.

No comments:


Us